Dr. James Alder - Beaverton Dentist, serving Portland and Hillsboro
Dr. James C. Alder grew up locally, graduating from Sunset High School in 1972. He graduated cum laude in 1978 from Brigham Young University, and with honors from the School of Dentistry at Oregon Health Sciences University in 1982. He was awarded a Fellowship of the Academy of General Dentistry in 1997.
His professional associations include:
- American Dental Association
- Oregon Dental Association
- Washington County Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped
- Oregon Health Sciences Center Dentistry Alumni Board, President 2009-2010
Dr. Alder and his wife Elaine have been married 35 years and are the parents of four daughters and seven granddaughters (11 girls out of 11!). They are lucky to have much of their family living close by and enjoy being together. As a family, they enjoy boating and water skiing in the summer and snow skiing in the winter. Dr. Alder still enjoys playing basketball and playing golf as a member of Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club. His family:
Jessica and her husband Matthew Taylor live in Beaverton in the same neighborhood where Jessica attended grade school. They have four daughters: Emily, Angela, Nicole, and Ashley. Matthew is an Oncologist at OHSU, teaching and doing research.
Jennifer and her husband Jeff Brinkerhoff recently moved from southern California back to Beaverton. They have three daughters: Ellen, Rachel and Kate. Jennifer tutors math students and Jeff works in business systems for PMCI in downtown Portland.
Michelle lives at home, works a few hours in our dental office, and at Great Harvest Bread Company at Tanasbourne.
Melissa was married in April, 2013 to Casey Wright. She is working as a Registered Nurse in a Thoracic Intensive Care Unit at Intermountain Health Care in Murray, Utah. Casey is finishing his degree in Psychology at Utah Valley University and is preparing for graduate school.
Dr Alder skiing the water-ski-course at 22' off:
Melissa's Wedding had the entire family together:
Melissa has four of our granddaughters on a tube behind our boat:
Michelle got to swim with a Dolphin in Hawaii:
Dr James Alder has a common name in dentistry in our area!
- Dr Mark Alder is his cousin, a general dentist near downtown Beaverton, OR.
- Dr Brian Alder is also his cousin, a general dentist in NW Vancouver, WA.
- Alder Dental Center, a visible group practice in Bridgeport Mall, is not related to Dr James Alder, in fact there is no dentist there with the name of Alder. They just liked the name Alder (as in the tree?); which is confusing.