Dr. James Alder
Dr. James Alder - Dentist serving the Portland, Beaverton, and Hillsboro area
Dr. James C. Alder grew up locally, graduating from Sunset High School in 1972. He graduated cum laude in 1978 from Brigham Young University, and with honors from the School of Dentistry at Oregon Health Sciences University in 1982. He was awarded a Fellowship of the Academy of General Dentistry in 1997.
His professional associations include:
- American Dental Association
- Oregon Dental Association
- Washington County Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped-Donated Dental Services
- Oregon Health Sciences Center-Dentistry Alumni Board, President 2009-2010
Dr. Alder and his wife Elaine have been married 43 years and are the parents of four daughters and eleven grandchildren. They are lucky to have much of their family living close by and enjoy being together. They enjoy boating and water skiing in the summer and snow skiing in the winter. Dr. Alder still tries to keep up on the basketball court, plays golf as a member of Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, and water skis as a member of Blue Heron Ski Club in Banks.
Jessica and her husband Matthew Taylor live in Beaverton in the same neighborhood where Jessica attended grade school. They have four daughters: Emily, Angela, Nicole, and Ashley. Matthew is an Oncologist at Providence Hospital.
Jennifer and her husband Jeff Brinkerhoff also live in Beaverton. They have five daughters and a son: Ellen, Rachel, Kate, Ruth, John, and Lucy. Jennifer tutors math students and Jeff works in business systems for Slalom Consulting.
Michelle lives at home, works a few hours in our dental office and at Great Harvest Bread Company at Tanasbourne.
Melissa and her husband Casey Wright live in Redmond, WA where Casey is in his last year of his PhD in clinical psychology. Melissa enjoys raising their three boys: James, Jojo, and Jacob; as well as tutoring and teaching fitness classes.
Dr Alder skiing the water-ski-course:
Dr Alder's family:
Melissa has four of our granddaughters on a tube behind our boat:
Dr James Alder has a common name in dentistry in our area!
- Dr Mark Alder is his cousin, a general dentist in downtown Beaverton, OR.
- Dr Brian Alder is also his cousin, a general dentist in NW Vancouver, WA.
- Alder Dental Center, a visible group practice in Bridgeport Mall, is not related to Dr James Alder, in fact there is no dentist there with the name of Alder. They just liked the name Alder (as in the tree?); which unfortunately is confusing.