Home Fluoride Instructions
Instructions for Prescription Strength Fluoride to Reduce Sensitivity
1) Clean mouth as instructed: Brush, Floss.
2) Apply Perio-Med gel directly to teeth with toothbrush, finger, or Q-tip; concentrating on exposed root surfaces and along gumline. Do not dilute.
3) Do not rinse; spit out excess gel.
4) Leave undisturbed for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
5) Use daily until sensitivity decreases.
6) Use 2-4 times per week to prevent return of sensitivity; if sensitivity returns resume daily treatment. Be careful to brush very gently on root surfaces with non-abrasive “sensitive” toothpaste. Toothbrush abrasion will increase sensitivity!